No. 4 Meeting Luke

 Yesterday I got to meet and hold our newest grandchild, Luke Jackson, who was born on February 10, meaning he is just a little more than 3 weeks old. I got to see  his sister, Jocelyn when she was also 3 weeks old. but because of Covid, Sunny and I didn’t get to see Emmy until she was 6 months old! I kid Lauren that they picked a name that begins with L because she was surrounded with J’s - Jack, Jocelyn, Jim, Jane, and Joe (her father and brother). Getting to hold him was quite a thrill and he looks at you when you are talking to him. We had quite a conversation. Although Luke was born in Stamford, CT, he said he wasn’t committed to being a NY sports fan, and held out the possibility of cheering for Boston, or even Dallas teams when I told him  that I work for the Cowboys and there is a Luke Jackson on the Texas Rangers. Maybe we will make a  real cowboy out of him, but I am sure Jack and Lauren will have something to say about it. 

Interesting fact- the name Luke means “ light giving” and it is a shortened version of the Latin name Lucas, which is derived from the Greek name Loukas. 


Comments

  1. Congrats on grand baby #3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job from the proud grandpa. Have a great trip and we look forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No. 5 Bienvenue a Paris

No. 7 Amazing Restoration of Notre Dame

No. 9 Getting Around in Paris